Saturday, March 3, 2012

Duality


Caught between the worlds
never really knowing
what is on either side

treading, lightly balancing
loving into the night
having it shattered
by the cruel light of day


Some dreams are softly spoken
nightmares running rampant
constant struggles
one with the other


and which is real?


never knowing


what goes on inside of either world


The night's calming sighs
caress the aching soul
ignites the heart with faith
The day                                               is full with reality


While balancing the two
seems almost impossible to do


I dream the nights away


and they overflow into days


Beautiful days
as Spring draws nearer
displaying life more evident
and flowers begin to bloom


touch my heart in a way
that causes me to believe
in the beauty of the world

fill me with ample gratitude

full with the gift


I cannot ignore


all the while
The night brings passion
causing me to hunger


As I am caught in-between
never really knowing
each world
never knowing where
to be, who
to be


Who was once a love
may not seem to be
as the light of day shines


yet
Who was not known as love
may appear within the day's light
from a common place
the night before


Duality of nature
comes knocking at my door


and will continue to knock


until I answer


However vague it seems
Faith does get me through
what passion motivates me to do

And oh, I am

so very grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment